- WHY Matters NOW: How Purpose and Passion Inspire Meaningful Success
- Be an ACTion H.E.R.O.: The 4 Traits of Super Successful Student Leaders
- Hug an Elephant, Kiss a Giraffe: Redefining Diversity in Everyday Life
- A Bigger Pie: Building Collaboration in the Greater Campus Community
- The Freshman 15: What Every Successful College Student Should Know
- Your Vision Unleashed and Uncensored
***I not only customize, but I can create a new presentation just for your event***Justin is available for college and university events and is exclusively represented by CAMPUSPEAK. CAMPUSPEAK is a premiere speaking agency for all college audiences (students and staff).
WHY Matters NOW: How Purpose and Passion Inspire Meaningful Success
Do you know of some students on your campus or in your organization(s) lacking focus or motivation? Do you ever feel like you have misplaced the passion for why you joined or chose to serve an organization in the first place? What would it look like to have more students on campus and in organizations that are focused, motivated, and committed to meaningful success? Justin is ready to inspire your students toward that reachable reality, and to keep them effectively engaged while doing so!
In this inspiring and personal keynote, Justin challenges students to identify or reconnect with their why (purpose) and to live it out now (passion) in order to achieve meaningful success. Too much focus on the “why” can lead to great reflection with little to no action. Too much focus on the “now” can lead to impulsive and ultimately bad decisions. Learn how a clarifying blend of both can lead to more engaged students, impactful leaders, and ultimately thoughtful global citizens.
Learning Outcomes – As a result of attending this program, students will:
- Learn how developing clarified values and principles enable them to more effectively lead themselves and then others
- Understand their position in the Why Now Quadrant and how to grow in pursuing what matters in their collegiate and organizational lives
- Grow in their ability to courageously combat the distracters of their “why” and “now”, and learn how to have intentional accountability to increase their goal achievement
- Commit to suggested small opportunities to take initiative and ownership of their journey to be better students, leaders, and world-citizens
- Understand the significance of their now moment to consistently learn, develop meaningful relationships, and impact change on campus and in their organizations
This keynote is funny, thought provoking, practical, and inspiring. It’s perfect for new students, new members, Greek Week, or any leadership event!
Be an ACTion H.E.R.O.: The 4 Traits of Super Successful Student Leaders
Don’t settle for just being a student leader. Be a super successful one! If you’ve ever felt ineffective in your leadership role, it probably came from engaging in the wrong ACTions at the wrong time. Learn what super successful student leaders do and don’t do. You will learn:
- The differences between an average student leader and a super successful one
- How to implement the researched H.E.R.O. Leadership Model
- The correct ways to implement change in your student organization (there are 5)
- How to interact successfully with those you lead
- How to leave a legacy and empower others to take your place
This presentation is jam packed with information that will change the way you lead. This program is funny, energy packed, and interactive. Perfect for student governments, student activities, leadership conferences, and more.
Hug an Elephant, Kiss a Giraffe: Redefining Diversity in Everyday Life
Tired of the generic and boring diversity programs? Justin is, too! Sometimes we have made diversity conversations so complex that people have missed its simple core and foundation. Diversity has also been made into a holding hands exercise where everybody agrees, but it really is more about authentic listening, being open and respecting others even when we don’t agree.
We’ve been talking about “diversity” for the last two decades, and it’s lost its meaning. Justin has pondered how we can hit some of the basics while still honoring the complexity of today’s conversation, and he’s discovered it’s all about learning to hug an elephant and kiss a giraffe.
Using music, movement and a substance-packed presentation, Justin will give your student audience an experience they’ll never forget! They will have fun while realizing the power that a diverse, engaged, socially-just college environment offers, and they will understand their role in helping to create an environment where everyone matters and feels empowered to shape their landscape. This diversity conversation is much better with Justin’s unique blend of high-energy, humor and practical content. Go ahead—open those arms wide and pucker up!
• Understand the basic language of diversity at its foundational core and the newer concepts like inclusiveness and social justice
• Increased willingness to embrace the benefits of a highly diverse campus community.
• An understanding of how each person can take an active role in creating an inclusive college community.
• An understanding of the four different social styles and how to use them in everyday life
• A readiness to take responsibility to communicate differences respectfully
This presentation is perfect for student body assemblies, new students, staff training and required programming for clubs/organizations.
A Bigger Pie: Building Collaboration in the Greater Campus Community
Would you rate the organizations on your campus as being more competitive or collaborative? If your campus is like mine was, then the fraternities and sororities may get along on the surface, but behind closed doors (and sometimes not so behind) there are divisive rivalries and unhealthy competition. Maybe it is a social club/organization that is having a program that seems quite similar to another program across campus and either one event has all the people, or people are split between the two events (assuming the campus community is interested in the event at all). Well your campus may not have embraced an appreciation for greater collaboration.
So you may be wondering, well shouldn’t our organizations still have competition? They should, however, unhealthy competition should never erode the progress of effective collaboration. Have amazing fun learning how to see and act BEyond yOURself! This program is perfect for leadership conferences, retreats and Greek Week.
* Ask about this Keynote for ALL organizations OR the Fraternity/Sorority community
The Freshman 15: What Every Successful College Student Should Know
What if all you needed for college success was 15 pounds? In this keynote or workshop, you will gain 15 pounds of success and a new perspective that will get you ready for a fulfilling college career. There are 15 things you need to know, including:
- How to be successful in college and still have time for your friends
- How to have meaningful relationships that help you instead of hurt you
- The simple truth of what you should do every morning and every night
- What you should do in every single class to do well
- How to set yourself up for a powerful transition to live after college
You’ll be out of your seats and having fun in this program perfect for new students. Justin graduated Magna Cum Laude and still made an impact on his campus. He’ll share the secrets and get you excited about all that lies ahead. Perfect for New Student Orientation, and the beginning of the 2nd semester.
Your Vision Unleashed and Uncensored
Stop living your life with your eyes closed to your dreams, possibilities and vision. In this interactive program, students will be asked to dig deep and consider ways to take control of their destinies. In this session, you will be challenged to:
- Identify your true vision, and vision impostors
- Recognize those factors that keep you tied down to mediocrity
- Break through the clutter of the culture to put action to your dreams
- Seek out a “vision partner” to hold you accountable to excellence
- Use applicable tools to fight for your life with all that you have
Justin mixes music, movement and message to give your student audience an experience that will challenge them to take action to shape their lives.